Systems Administrator | Hardware Engineer | Electrical Engineering Analyst
Technically sophisticated hands-on professional with extensive experience in hardware engineering, digital IT solutions, systems integration, program management, product and solution management, and aligning business practices with advance technology solutions. History of delivering projects within IT infrastructures, executing application rollouts, upgrades, and providing direct support to end-users. Recognized for exceptional level of service; expertise in troubleshooting and facilitating onsite and remote support for hardware, software, OS, printers, and network connectivity. Skilled in initiating process improvements that improve quality and address challenges in fast-paced ever-changing environments.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Product and System Lifecycle Management
Contract and Agreements
|Requirements Gathering and Analysis|
Issues Assessment and Resolution
Desk Software and Ticketing Systems Administration
VCRs • Televisions • Stereos • PCs/Servers/Macintoshes
Circuit Design • Logic Design • Board Design • System Design • Troubleshooting • Oscilloscopes • Multi-meters • Logic Analyzers • Coax cable • Twisted Pair • Fiber • RF/Wireless
Education and Credentials
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (BSIT)
University of Phoenix, Rockville, MD
MASTER OF FINE ARTS IN MUSIC (MFA)
University of Maryland University College, College Park, MD
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (BSEE)
Capitol Technology University, School of Technology, Laurel, MD
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Montgomery Blair High School, Silver Spring, MD
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (2013), INFOSEC Institute
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) (2010), United States Department of Agriculture Graduate School
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Novell Administrator (CNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Certified Novell Engineer (CNE)
infoComm Academy: InfoComm Audio-Video and Control System Networking
University of Maryland, College Park, MD: AMX Programming
United States Department of Agriculture Graduate School:
Omega Recording Studios, Rockville, MD: Sound Engineer Training
- Windows 2000 Server
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining PCs
- Advanced PC Configuration and Troubleshooting
- TCP/IP on Windows NT 4.0
- Windows NT 4.0 Server Administration Training
- Local Network Hardware and Software Troubleshooting Training
Electronic Technician (Part-Time)
|Silver Spring, MD|
Utilize career experience to configure new PCs, perform troubleshooting and diagnose hardware/software, repaired televisions, VCRs and stereos to board level.
- Facilitate processes to determine cause and recommend remedy of potential defects, advise customers on problems, and effectively communicate services needed and estimated time for completion.
- Design and manufacture circuitry to repair extensive damage or when parts are no longer made.
LEIDOS (Formerly IS & GS Lockheed Martin)
National Library of Medicine (NLM)
Hardware Engineer • Information Technology Systems Analyst Support
Provided direct maintenance and operational support to Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications and Audiovisual Program Development Branch (APDB). Supported Audio/Visual (AV) equipment, computer systems, conference and studio facilities, and participated in multiple video projects.
- Engaged with business stakeholders to collaborate on determining business requirements, functional, and system requirements. Prepared detailed reports on project specifications and associated activities.
- Provided project management; consulted with customer on project status, proposals, and technical issues.
- Stored, retrieved, and manipulated data for close analysis of system capabilities.
- Employed communication strengths to troubleshoot through remote access, telephone on problems related to VoIP, Legacy system integration issues, with successful resolutions.
- Utilized AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio to document requests history; generate passwords and directory permissions.
- Facilitated procedures to resolve computer hardware including printers, scanners, and copy machines.
- Tested Cisco IOS, IOS upgrades, configuration upgrades, and implemented VLANS, NAI Sniffers.
- Integrated new audiovisual technologies which include video over internet protocol (IP) and high definition video servers in collaboration with a team of production engineers.
LOCKHEED MARTIN (IS & GS)
National Library of Medicine (NLM)
Electrical Engineering Analyst
Directed all aspect of technical support for the NLM through direct maintenance and operational support for audiovisual equipment, conference, and studio facilities, which included video projects for the Lister Hill National Center.
- Facilitated a wide-range of tasks, and provided professional engineering services; developed strategies and concepts, analyzed and gathered requirements, design and integrated systems, and conducted testing with evaluations.
- Identified, evaluated, tested, diagnosed, repaired, upgraded, and managed product and system lifecycles involving AV-IT, video production, videoconferencing, high-resolution display, computer, networking, and electro-mechanical.
- Developed key relationships with third-party contractors in the development and procurement of hardware solutions.
- Conducted analysis into complex business problems, leveraging insight, experience, and analysis to influence strategies.
- Supported digital media, network-centric, and AV-IT systems, performed system installations and upgrades.
LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
Computer Systems Analyst • Hardware Engineer
Provided all IT services to the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Created cost-benefit analyses to provide upgrade estimations and ensure maximum return on investment. Served as lead engineer; designed network changes at HUD.
National Museum of American History
Designed and set up audiovisual components of exhibits requiring specialized lighting and audiovisual services. Responsible for setting up audio-visual equipment for Presidential Inaugural Ball and other special events. Performed repairs to electronic equipment at component level.
|DOWNLOAD Henry Cao's résumé in MS Word by clicking on icon DOWNLOAD Henry Cao's résumé in PDF |
Henry Cao © All Rights Reserved